Restylane is a clear liquid gel, a non-animal-based hyaluronic acid (a natural sugar compound), approved by the FDA in December 2003.
Consulting a Qualified Doctor with specific Restylane injection experience is essential for safety, for achieving optimal results and to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatment for your condition.
Here are some tips to consider when consulting a doctor:
• Review the doctor's credentials, education, training, type of certification held, and number of times that the treatment has been performed by the doctor.
• Find out the dosage that will be required to achieve a satisfactory result for your condition.
• Ask your doctor to estimate the number of treatments required to maintain the results you are expecting.
• View before-and-after photos of patients who received Restylane and alternative procedures.
• Ask about complication risks and possible side effects, including the impact of smoking.
• Be sure to discuss current medications you're taking and their impact on Restylane treatment.
• Request a list of pre- and postoperative instructions. Following these instructions can reduce the risk of complications.