A new era in skin rejuvenation has arrived
with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photorejuvenation in combination with Microdermabrasion.
A program of these non-invasive treatments can make a dramatic difference and may eliminate the need to go near the surgeon’s knife as the treatment modalities combine to lead to a smooth, even toned, firmer and younger looking skin.
- IPL Photorejuvenation works deep in the skin to combat uneven skin color and eliminate broken capillaries, while stimulating new collagen formation.
- Microdermabrasion removes dead skin cells and allows better penetration of the IPL light source – at the same time improving skin texture and smoothing any surface skin irregularities such as acne scarring.
More information and detail on each treatment is available in previous posts:
Facial Microdermabrasion: Get that Healthy, Young Glow Back!
IPL Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
While each treatment can offer many benefits alone in skin rejuvenation, combining these two anti-aging treatments can give spectacular results.
- Eliminates broken blood vessels or spider veins
- Evens skin tone and smoothes skin texture
- Fades brown age spots and freckles
- Softens and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats Rosacea (roh-ZAY-sha) or red-faced, acne-like skin
- Virtually painless
- No down-time
- Walk-in walk-out lunchtime procedure
Skin Rejuvenation Program
The number of IPL and Microdermabrasion treatments will vary according to individual needs and goals. Boston based SkinHealth Centers generally prescribes a non-surgical facial rejuvenation program of minimally 3 IPL treatments and 2 Microderm treatments. The treatments, beginning with a Microderm, are performed in two-week intervals.
Equally important to the success of the IPL + Microdermabrasion skin rejuvenation program is your home skincare regimen. A daily dose of antioxidant cream with topical vitamin C is insurance against the sun-triggered damage known as photoaging. Reference info on SkinHealth's Vital C 15%.